This benefit requires that the Veteran or surviving spouse comply with the following:
1) They are over age 65.
2) They are a Veteran, a spouse of a living Veteran, or a surviving spouse of a Veteran.
3) The Veteran served as "Active Military" status for 90 days during an approved time of war: WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War.
4) The Veteran had an honorable discharge.
5) The Veteran or surviving spouse meets income requirements.
6) The Veteran, spouse of a living Veteran, or surviving spouse of a Veteran needs assistance with bathing, grooming, meal preparation, etc. on a regular basis in order to stay independent in their home or chosen place of residence.